Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kiwi's Continue to Surprise Me!

I got a package in the mail yesterday that was from New Zealand. I saw the customs form on the front and it said t-shirt. I thought huh...I didn't order anything...
I opened it up and there was a note that said the following...
"Hi Kelly!
Hope you had a great holiday here in New Zealand.
We are happy you came and did the Hunterville Hill Half too!
Sorry about your bleeding nose. I hope your shirt was okay. Here's a replacement or an addition to your running shirts collection.
All the best,
Kathleen"
I got teary eyed! They sent me a running club t-shirt of theirs. You don't understand everyone there at the race were locals and they took me in as one of them. THIS is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. These people kick ass!!!

4 comments:

bryant said...

that is so awesome. the kiwis are just great people and soooo nice. we americans just dont compare. are you gonna start waving the kiwi flag instead of the US one? haha

Lisa and Rustin said...

How coooool!!!

BYUMOMMY said...

Hey doll! I love your latest posts! What a treat! I have always wanted to visit NZ...my uncle, grandparents, and a brother all served their missions there and have such awesome things to say. Soooo, next trip you can just go ahead and pack me in your suitcase! :) Miss you girlie! Is 2011 gonna bring back to Vegas? Here's crossing my fingers! HUGS!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I just finished catching up with your New Zealand Trip...wowzers, beautiful, amazing, and such touching people. Looks like you had the time of your life. It's gorgeous there...I'll have to visit it someday.

In Chile they wrap their fries up in newspaper as well. Bear ate lots of food out of newspaper on his mission there. Pretty cool how you got that Suprise T-Shirt too.