Tuesday, October 21, 2008

15 and Delirious October 19th

Sunday I was in town for the Scary Movie night at Brent and Floyd's so I thought I'd just stick around and do my long run along the bike trail. It was a beautiful morning. I started around 8am and had 15 miles to go. There's a few things that are different running along the bike trail vs. running here in Manteca. There are several fellow runners and that just gives you a blot of sanity. That's right I'm not nuts...look at everyone else that's out here. There were also cyclists who scared the crap out of me a few times. Thought I'd have to change my shorts. I'm used to running with cars and you can hear them but when you have 10 bikes that zoom past you coming from the back you jump a bit. Trust me on that on.

As the run got longer my brain starts to slowly focus on only what's in front of me. I can't do simple math or think about what I'm going to eat for dinner that night. It's primary focus is my current state. With that I began to get delirious and start seeing things that aren't what they seem to be. About mile 7 here was a tree stump but could have sworn it was a man in a hunching position that was getting ready to pounce on something. On the way back mile 14 there was a tree that I saw had a iguana the size of a large dog in between the branches. As I came up to the tree sure enough just a part of the wood. I just shook my head I decided to stop sight seeing and just focus on the pavement in front of me. I carried on.

1 comment:

Lisa and Rustin said...

whoa...be careful you crazy runner girl!
i am glad you took a break! =]

safety first...that's what I always say!