Friday, November 14, 2008

A few races under the belt

During my training for the CIM I've entered a few different races just for change of scenery. On 10-26-08 I did the Folsom Four Bridge Half Marathon. I was on schedule for a 16 mile long run that day so before the half I went to the trails and got 3 miles done. I saw Holly and Jeremy there too. Good times.

Then last weekend, 11-8-08 I did the Clarksburg Country Run 30k, (18.6 miles). My training schedule was for an 18 mile run and I thought that extra .6 miles would be fine. The run was along the country roads right by the Delta. It was so windy my neck was sore for two days from leaning into the wind. I had a hat on and didn't want it to get blown away. I won't lie it was a tough run. They had the officials there so you could wear head phones because the roads were open to traffic. It was a safety thing. Running under 3 hours without music was HARD. Clarksburg High School is the school my mom retired from. I also worked there for a year after my mission. I saw a few runners that were students during my time there. I chitted the chat with them for a brief time. Once again no music so I didn't have anything better to do. :)
This weekend another 18 miles to do but I'll have to get creative to get that amount here in Manteca.

2 comments:

Lisa and Rustin said...

u r my hero kellie!
i want to run like you!

Audrey said...

Bragger! Jk... I want to run like you too!
When you coming back out to Utah??