Sunday, August 12, 2012

Salt Lake City Marathon April 2012

This was a marathon that I had wanted to do for awhile because I used to live in Salt Lake City. I was excited about running through different parts of town that I have a lot of memories. I never felt better before a marathon. That is the honest truth. I didn't miss a single training run and that's a big deal considering I trained for 4 months.
Let's get to the point...I'm a asthmatic CA girl who lives 24 ft above sea level. I live in a town that considers speed bumps to be inclines. I was going to be running in Utah 4500 ft above sea level. I thought no big whoop, I'll go a few days early to acclimate. That didn't make one difference!!

My flight over. It was so beautiful!

Packet pick-up





Right before the marathon. It was chilly. Those of us from out of state were chilly. The Utah folks thought it was so nice outside. WHATEVER!!! BURRRR!!!

This was at mile 4 by Sugar House Park. I remember it because at one point we were going down hill and I started see spots and get light headed. The elevation was already getting to me and it was only mile 4. YIKES is exactly what I thought.


The race had tons of water stations. My friend Megan's sister, Courtney and friends every year add an extra aide station but this one is called Temptation Station. It has doughnuts, beer, shots, etc... This was me dancing on my way up to say hi. Mile 20


 
This is the 2nd race Ricky Martin has made an appearance at. It was such a great surprise.

Guess if I had a shot or not...


 

Mile 26, sweet JoHanna I can see the finish line!


Mile 24, I stopped to pose. Duh!



I DID IT!

Crossing finish line



Megs knows me...a coke after my long run! It's what I crave every time!


Aren't we just adorable. Love those mountains in the background!

To be perfectly this wasn't a personal record time for me. Actually it was the worst time I've ever received on a marathon. I will  never do this one again but guess what...It was a beautiful, warm, April day in Utah where I got to do what I loveto do, run.



1 comment: