Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kindergarten

Today was my first day to substitute and it was for a kindergarten class of 30. I actually had a really good time! The teacher left some amazing lesson plans so the students didn't thrown off too bad. The youngest kids ususally have the hardest time with a change in the schedule or having a substitute.
Quick little story...so at the end of their day if they've behaved they get a green ticket. Once they collect 10 green tickets they get to pick something from the treasure chest. I had told two boys they weren't getting their green ticket from the warnings I've given them before. (I follow through!) One of them had a total meltdown. He fell off his seat and started crying and hid under the table that he shares with 5 others. I tried and tried to get him to come out and he response was NO! You're mean, you're not giving me a green ticket! I said you are correct. You will not be getting a green ticket. You can try again tomorrow. I ended up leaving him under the table. He came out on his own after about 5 minutes. All in all, a very good day with 30, 5-6-year-olds!

No comments: