Monday, March 28, 2011

More baking








Valentine's Day I made brownie's with home made cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries for friends and co-workers. De-lish!!


Now March came really fast and we celebrated Floyd, my brother-in-law's birthday...back to the calendar. This is what he got instead of a cake...chicks!


This is how it began...


I made my beaks with orange Starburst. I softened them in the microwave and then rolled them out and then just guessed the rest of my way. The beaks were my favorite part of this project.


The finishing part is to dip the cupcake in melted frosting. Timing is everything, they're no 2nd chances. If the frosting cooled a little while dipping it in they turned out like majority of my chicks. I was hesitant to show you all but hey at least one turned out!!





Then St. Patrick's Day came and the rainbows came out!! These were so fun to make and they tasted amazing!!



They were a hit! And I must say I would never use paper cups to hid the fantastic color these had.





1 comment:

Melanie Papworth said...

Seriously, you are nuts! But we love it - can't wait to see what crazy cupcakes you do next!