Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's official!

I'm a new substitute for the MUSD (Manteca Unified School District)!! I went to my training class last Friday. I'm just waiting for them to give me a sub number and my picture taken for my district ID. They said by the end of next week I'll be subbing. I'm super pumped! One step closer my passion. I'm so excited!
In the state of California there are many state exam you must pass in order to be a teacher. CBEST, for multiple subject K-8 CSET I, II, III, and then the RICA. So far I passed the CBEST and the CSET II, and III. A funny story real quick is that I when I went to take my last CSET exam was I studied for a week on Language Arts and History. I get in the testing center and the first question was on plate tectonics. I was like um, I don't remember seeing that in History. YIKES! I went through the questions and thought yup they gave me the wrong test this is Science and Math. I got them to look at my registration and sure enough I register to take the Science and Math test but I studied for Language Arts and History. She said since I looked at the questions if I reschedule it'll be a $100 charge since I've already seen the test or I can just wing it. Yup I winged it and just found out...I passed! Whoop whoop!

No comments: