Monday, July 28, 2008

Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)

Here's the deal...about year ago Andrew Loper invited me to watch a UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) over at some of his friends place. When we first began to watch I didn't know if I would enjoy it or not since I HATE boxing. This has flare to it...must be the martial arts :) I really did like watching it.

This past Saturday there was the MMA Elite XC in Stockton. I've never actually been to a fight, just seen them on TV so I went to the box office that day and bought myself a ticket. I was a little nervous going by myself and not wearing a Tapout shirt or anything of that nature. I did wear a black t-shirt that was 686 (snowboarding line) but nobody knew what it was. Hehehehe It could have been a new MMA clothing line for all they knew.


I bought a more expensive ticket to make my first experience a good one and well let's be honest I didn't want to hang with those that were sitting in the $35 area. Good thing I didn't because there were three fights that I knew of during the fights and they were all in that area. Let's just say I was on the 7th row on the lower level. There were 10 fights that I watched. I got my fill. There is some sort of pride in Stockton. Holy Cow the crowd, and believe me there was a crowd, was chanting 209 (the area code here in the Central Valley) when Nick Diaz entered. Good thing he won or that would have been a slap in the face of 209.

5 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Favor to ask...remember last year's 4th of july? You made up some good meat that is your dad's receipe...I'd love to have that if you don't mind sharing. It was really good.

Audrey said...

WHAT THE?!?! Did NOT know this about you Kellie!!
Ok so I SWEAR I am gonna get this damn gift in the mail!! I am sorry I am such a slack daddy friend! It is here calling out your name so that is my goal TOMORROW!
Hope ya still love me!

Melanie Papworth said...

All I have to say is, you looked flippin' HOT that night!!! :) And thanks for making me start a blog. I have been doing this for the past hour and 24 minutes, listening to Cody cry. Sweet. I am so tired. Thanks for your help at the fair last night too! We'll just start calling you Daddy Kellie. Or Mommy Kellie. Which one is less lesbian??? And I promise to try to stop using the "we language" in public!

Dan said...

Kellie, that is hilarious. I love it! I want to venture out to neighboring county fairs too! And MMA fighting, on you own? That's great. Serious cajones.

Lisa and Rustin said...

Rustin says:
"DANG! Kellie should've called me...I would've gone with her!"

So next time...call! hee hee!