Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day in UT/ID

Wicked weather in UT/ID. I get in Friday evening so the next day while Megs was at work I decide to go to Splash and Swim in Layton. I'm laying out at the pool and as you can see in some of my photos I got some serious color. I promise I was wearing SPF. That evening Allison, Megan and I go to dinner that had a live band. (Okay he was about 65 but had a voice of a 25-year-old. I think Megan had a crush! hehehe) Then we went to the show where they had the group of HM3 there and hello I heart HM and couldn't pass up getting a picture with Zac.

After the photo shoot we saw House Bunny. Every college boy's dream in a movie but dang Gina it was funny! I cried twice laughing so hard.

Sunday morning I got up and looked out and decided to get my 10 miles in before the bigger storm came. I had just finished up raining when I set out. I only got a few sprinkles and I won't lie, I loved running and having the secure feeling of the mountains around me. It's weird since I'm claustrophobic and you'd think the mountains would make me feel enclosed but it's a good kind. It's a protective kind. Far enough so I can breath but close enough to make me feel at peace. Woow where was I going with that??? I won't lie, I stopped a few times to catch my breath. I blame it on the elevation it is in UT. I'm positive it's much higher than the 22 feet above sea level here in Manteca. :) Then church!

Megan Bates the new RSP of her Odgen Singles Ward. Way to go Meg!!

The weather got pretty nasty as the day got later. I got a text from Colin saying hi and that he was in UT w/o knowing I was there. He lives in NY and so I was able to meet him at Kerri's house and see her and Melissa too. Good times to see the old crew from River City. Colin was stranded there since he drove his dad's Harley and with the downpour and all...trapped.

We were going to Fran's cabin but do to all the rain that equals mud when you put a dirt path isn't very cool. We decided to hang with Fran's sisters and friend and played games and ate Taco Soup. Yum Yum!

The next morning we were off to ID to see the Muranakas. I love that family!! Lane was cool enough to watch the boys so the three of us could shop and eat. We do those so well together. I forgot to upload some pics we took at Dillard's in their jewelry dept so more to come. We did buy the same shirt at Old Navy so we had to take a few wearing them. BFF!!

We did hair Monday night. Well I should say Megan did Audge's, Audge did mine and Megan was cool not me doing hers. (I did offer though. My momma raised me with som' manners) Tuesday morning I went for a 4 mile run in Rigby and was only chased by one dog. I think that was pretty lucky after Audge told me to watch out for the dogs and bulls. WT?? (What The??) Then we headed back to UT just to make sure we had time for Cafe Rio before my flight. Sure enough we did. It cleared for the drive home which was nice but 72 degrees at 5pm? Burr!
I was happy to come home to CA weather and it being in the 100's tomorrow. YEAH.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

And fun was had by all! Too bad my boob is hanging out on the counter!!
Thanks for coming clear on up here to Good ol' Idaho. The boys loved seeing you two little ladies!