Friday, June 5, 2009

Cafe Rio vs. Costa Vida

For those that have lived in UT at one time or another know of a place called Cafe Rio and if you don't, shame on you!!
This place has the very best pork salad on this earth!



What's nice is that there's another restaurant called Costa Vida that is VERY similar to Cafe Rio and they are more spread out geographically. As I learned tonight that there is a Costa Vida within driving distance, 90 miles, I made the drive for dinner. I was very excited to get there and compare. (I won't tell you how fast I was going on the 5). I ordered a small pork salad. Pros and Cons...Costa still gives you the large tortilla even if you get a small salad. Cafe gives you a very small tortilla. Costa always provides shredded lettuce, no special requests. However, Cafe Rio pork is a titch sweeter and their house dressing has more of a kick to it than Costa. Cafe Rio 5 stars and Costa Vida 4 stars.
Like I said before it was still worth the drive. Yes, I will return again!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

We love you too girly!
Ok, have you never eaten at Costa Vida til now?
I have to agree with everything you said. I like Cafe Rio tortilas better by far. Costa's don't have as much flavor and are harder to tear.
I am ALWAYS disapointed with the salad cuz it isn't EXACTLY the same as Rio's soooo I always get the chicken nacho's....DELISH! Give em a whirl, and get a side of dressing to dip em in!
P.S. Your back pics SCARED me! Well the first batch did, the recent ones are looking much better! That looks a little painful, is it?
The pics of Sandy in the sprinkler are super cute!

Cindy said...

I miss Cafe Rio! It really is the best!! I agree that Costa is a great alternative! If you ever want to meat there sometime, let me know!! I'm always up for some sweet pork! :)