Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Camping in PiPi

Thanks to Derek who gathered a few of us for a night of camping. It's in the El Dorado County but man alive it is out in no man's land. Well worth the drive. We got there just as the last of the sprinkles were heading out. Phew!

There are a few things that I've learned camping over the years.
1) Have a comfy lounge chair...You'll be spending a lot of time there.

2) I get cold easy and stay cold therefore thanks to Floyd and Brent for showing me how it's done...bring a down comforter. The air mattress is a no brainer, I'm over 30. This is a shot inside my tent. I actually got too warm that night and had to stick my arms out of the covers.

3) If you're going to eat s'mores you have to do it right!! Golden brown marshmallows are a must. The next step is important but 90% don't do this. You must, I repeat you must, melt your chocolate by the fire to really enjoy it. Trust me...it's worth the wait!!
4)Good games equals good times. Mexican Train anyone?

5) Last but not least, decent bug spray. My very favorite!

This place had a stream on the other side of the sites and a cute little walking trial with an amazing meadow. I heart nature!

1 comment: