Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Caution: Pictures of jacked up shoulder/back

I've had a lot of questions of how my back/shoulder is...
It's almost been 4 months since I obtained a virus in my nervous system which paralyzed some muscle groups in my shoulder/back. Funny there are somethings that I have no problem doing but others like a plank or doing a push up, I have ZERO strength for it. The best way to describe how it feels is a part of my muscle is absent. It doesn't hurt. It's like lifting dead weight.
This picture is lifting both arms straight in front of me. See that on the right, it almost looks like it's detached but I promise it's not. :) The doctors call it winging out.

The next two are pictures of raising my arm above my head. My right arm will only go so far up. Then I took one of my left so you have something to compare it to.

The last is as you can tell arms up and out. I think this looks the most normal but on the right it bulges out just a smig.

Looking at the pictures I think it looks much better than my pictures from the post in April. Maybe that's just my optimism talking...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I have to say, it does look better! Man... look at those arm muscles! You go girl!!