Monday, December 19, 2011

Substitute Teacher Position Update

So get this...
On December 9th I was cleared from the state of California to have an emergency credential. Later that afternoon I decided to go down to Manteca Unified School District in person and find out what the hiring standard is, if there was something more they need from me, or someone I can talk to get on a waiting list etc.
I walked in and spoke to a gal (I know her name but I wouldn't want to get her in trouble so no names will be used). She said they were hiring and I was so excited. She then showed me on-line the posting...wait it's gone. Oh no they've closed it already she told me. She said, you know what, I really like you and I'm going to get you in. Let's get creative...she had me apply for a construction job with the MUSD so then she'd get my application, resume, and letters of recommendation.
She then got my social and pulled up my information up and said oh you have everything! Okay here's a list of the other items you'll need to bring to the new hire orientation next week. I gave her a big bear hug. I really needed that.
I went to my orientation last week and filled out all the paperwork and the next orientation will be training after Christmas break and after that I can officially substitute K-12.
I'm sure I'll be updating my substitute experiences. Stay tuned...

No comments: