Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stinkin' Ants


Manteca, like everywhere else in the state of California, has been getting a lot of rain. With that being said when it rains it pours, when it pours it brings in the ants. I HATE ants. I can't seem to decide which is worse, ants or flies. For now since I'm dealing with them currently I'll say ants. They've been coming through my outlets in my kitchen and weep holes in my master shower. PUNKS.
Having this discussion at work a co-worker, Valerie, asked if an of us have you ever mashed an ant with our finger and smelt it? It totally stinks. None of us have and since I have plenty of specimens I gave it a go. Gross as it sounds, it's just one of those things you have to do. (Kinda like placing your tongue on crepe paper) Valerie, you are right! Ants do stink when you smash them. Who knew???

2 comments:

Audrey said...

GAG! Ok so I totally believe you about the ant issue in California cuz I remember ANTS at your parents house! I esp. remember the smell of the ant bomb your mom set off! Those pesky little things better watch it or you are going to smash them all with your index finger and show them!!
I am glad you got your package! Goofy I know but the boys were sure excited about sharing their special treats that we found around the house... the peanut bar (or whatever that was) made me laugh the most! Who buys those?
Anyways, just remember when you are fighting with ants I am FREEZING here in the mother blizzard!

Anonymous said...

You need a bug man...where's barrett when you need em?!!!!