Tuesday, February 5, 2008

And she's back!

Greetings and salutations...
I'm back from snowy Utah. I lived there for four years and I honestly can say that I don't ever remember it being this intense. I took this picture after church. You can tell the amount of snow that pilled up on the cars just from the 3 hours that they were sitting there. Megan and I found out some wards cancelled church becuase it was truly THAT bad. Looking back, I think it could be that when I lived in UT it was either in Provo or Downtown SLC and both those areas are high traffic areas and they always kept it snow plowed. I never had to worry about grabbing someone to come push my car as the wheels continue to turn but the car remains at a stand still.

Well with lots of snow comes the tourists that visit UT to ski or board. YES, I was one of them. I don't think that I can explain to you the feeling of falling in powder. The snow is so dry there when you fall you don't get wet or cold because it just falls right off of you.

Although this picture is in black and white (my bad) you can tell how much fun I was having! You don't have to ski in Park City or at Sundance to get great snow. Plus it will cost you your savings account to ski or board where the celebrities go. I went night boarding with my friend Megan Bates (great full name) Saturday night and it was only $19. Then when she was at work on Monday, yesterday, I went for a half day and it was $22. I know right!!! Super cheap for killer snow! The Ogden resorts are one of the little best kept secrets out there. Shhh don't tell.
Yesterday Meg and I met up with our favorite person/people, The Muranakas (Lane we missed you). Next time!
We had a fantastic dinner at CPK and not only did I enjoy my dinner but I could not stay out of Cole's mac and cheese. Serioulsy I've never had anything better! I don't know if these three know how much I adore them. Yes Audge it was the hat that sold me. :)

I don't think I've ever walked with two little kids before that get so many stares and people with big grins or saying to each other, "Ohh they are sooo cute." I think it's because they are quite the little charmers.
This picture explains it all. This was 100% impromptu! That's what makes it so awesome!!






2 comments:

Audrey said...

Just a few items... Don't ya love that Cole has that dollar in hand in both pics (i think someone told him we were going to a toy store or something cuz he was ready to use it!) HATE that zit on my chin! Love that Daws was kissing that maniquins hand (we may be in troube with him) Wish I would have sent the mac and cheese home with ya cuz I ended up throwing it away! It is DELISH! THANKS for meeting up with us...it was a "real treat"! (remember jan?)
I love that we made your blog! Also my house will be done and ready to rumble soon so PLEASE come back and stay with me so we can stay up all night and play gutair hero and pretend that I don't have any responsibitlies! I think that will help my depression! You make me laugh HARD!
Love ya my friend!
Audge

Audrey said...

ps... you look smoken hot in your pic! (not heat wise either)
oh and daws said again today, "why does kellie live in california? it is too far away!"