Monday, August 11, 2008

Birthdays/Pranks at work

Here at the triple wide trailer, AKA home to those of us that work in the field...when we celebrate birthdays there are pranks that always follow.
Valerie was gone most of last week so it we me vs. the men here. Mike Wallick is a superintendent here and Valerie had a great idea to make a big whoop-te-do out of his birthday during the trade meeting since #1 he was turning 50 and #2 he would be out of town the following week to actually be present to receive "crap" from all of us. We bought doughnuts, milk, OJ for the trades. While Mike was going over his agenda the three of us Tim, Mike Moore and myself were gearing up as you can see.

I walked into the meeting and just stood there. Right when Mike Wallick was about to ask what he could do for me I started singing Happy Birthday very loud and right then and there he knew what was coming. CRAP, from all of us. The trades were able to get a card and get it around to all the foremen to sign. We bought Mike a beautiful plant of yellow flowers and a Belle balloon to top it off. We bought his favorite doughnut and made him blow out the candles.

To be honest he was touched that we'd all go to the extreme to make sure we celebrated his special day.

Later Tim came up with the brilliant idea to take Belle and stick at the back of Mike Moore's truck so when he drove off you'd see her yellow skirt flowing through the wind. Too funny!

Mike realized it was there later and then had placed it one the back of my Jeep. Yes, it's true I drove from work to the gym (a whole 4 miles) with Belle on my bike rack. Like I said before there's a big difference of a man driving a huge truck with Belle than there is a woman with Belle. So later that night, like at 10:30, I drove to Mike Moore's house and put it back on his truck. I knew it would be easy since all his lights were off. No less than 30 sec after I left his house I get a phone call from Mike Moore asking if I was done. No way...way he spying? No he actually feel asleep and woke up from my lights reflecting off of his trucks bumper and had to get his laundry and then saw what I was up to. CRAP I was caught! No one knows where Belle is currently but trust me...She'll be back!

1 comment:

Melanie Papworth said...

NO way! I didn't know you got caught! Bummer. PS - speaking of Mike...let's strike a bargain. You guys can take the car to Utah if he'll come hang Cody's curtain rod. Wait. Let me make a prediction. I bet Mike will choose to rent a car for $200/day before he comes back to my house to hang another thing on that window..............PIMP! Oooo. That's the first time I've used that. I like it. :)