Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I hate painting!!

Van and LaMar took a week to jet-set down to So. Cal. They needed someone to house/dog sit for the week. I had a flex day coming so I said I'd be there Friday night to Tuesday morning. It's been awhile since I've been there so when I opened the door I was impressed to see that they have painted, installed new carpet, got new furniture and redecorated the front room. They started a few years back remodeling room by room. They've completed what they've started except for the hall casing and doors. They have the the same primer color for over two years. Brent and I decided to tackle that task. He came over on Sunday and we painted for 6 hours straight. Floyd also participated and steam cleaned their kitchen and back patio. Dang I didn't know how it got it so sparkly!! Brent then came over Monday (since he's a teacher and isn't teaching summer school right now) and we finished up with another 5 hours of painting. It got to be so tedious I was about to scream and didn't care if the paint got on the floor, carpet or on myself. (That's when you know YOU'RE DONE). I'm so bugged at myself that I forgot my camera at work. I would have loved to take a before and after picture.


However I did include some photos for you to enjoy of my trip from my Fourth of July trip. Good times with Megan and Alison and of course their posse.
Bear Lake
Sugarhouse -fireworks -RJ could possibly have the best forearms I've EVER seen!!

2 comments:

Lisa and Rustin said...

Who's that hottie holding the hottie kellie??

Melanie Papworth said...

Hold on, is that the guy? Are those the pics from your friend????