Monday, May 5, 2008

The run is over

Let me start out by saying I'm sore...


There are so many different stages that your mind and body go through during a long run. You take a body inventory about every 2-3 miles, you ask yourself if it's your mind or body that is carrying you currently at that very moment, you fight a lot with yourself (interesting to see who wins), you get a rush that can't be explained and only understood by other runners, you realize that this will be over soon therefore it's worth the pain of your lungs burning, and the last two miles are always the hardest for me, my body wants to shut down and your mind is taking me to the finish line.


During mile 5 there were still a crowd in front of me as well as behind. You don't hear people talking anymore, they're saving their breath. While I was running I thought to myself that we looked like a stampede. As the other ladies in front of me were trotting their pony tails were swaying back and forth like a horse's tail, mine included. I loved that feeling. I felt stronger.


I think the hardest part of the entire race was the lack of spectators. They give you a bolt of energy when you pass by them. As a friend and fellow runner of this event he would say lack of spectators keeps you honest. Meaning; it's all about what your body can do by itself.


I've been able to down load a few pictures from our RPM day/moving/Huntington Beach



Have a killer day!!

1 comment:

Kennan said...

congratulations on the big run, kel! if i were closer, i'd definitely be there to cheer you on. you rock!

ken