Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 2 in Cabo

Wednesday started with the gym. Well we got there and it consisted of a bowflex and two stationary bikes. We turned around and left. I decided to get a run in after all, it was time to get to know the city. I went for a run in Cabo Centro. It was awesome! I felt very comfortable. The piers at the marina were beautiful. It was so hot.
When I got back Allison and Megan were already at the pool. We spent about 4 hours just laying out and eating chips and salsa.
Favorite quote of the day: An older man came by and was talking to us, asking where we are from. I said CA and UT. Oh so I bet you are good little Mormon girls. Allison then replied back, and I quote, you bet your sweet ass we are.
After we agreed to make a trip to Walmart to get breakfast and lunch stuff. I know that sounds easy. Welp, it's not in a town were it's located about 10 miles from your hotel. Process of elimination. We had to take a bus to el centro of town and then we loaded up on another bus (it was packed in there standing room only for us see photo) that just drops you off on the highway across from Walmart. It was just like playing Frogger. I kid you not!

During our time at Walmart Megan comes up to me and has a piece of fruit on a toothpick and says Kellie you have to try this it's amazing. I popped it right in and just about vomited right after. It was papaya with a cajun salt on top. (I hated her for about 3 min) After the shopping trip we ended up just taking the bus to the centro and then we walked the rest of the way with our bags. Great exercise!
Got cleaned up and then we walked to dinner, Romeo and Julietta. Floyd you were right, they have amazing Italian food there. There was even a gentleman playing the piano for us.
We took a bit of a walk after.
Then we headed home.
Long day but no complaints from any of us.

No comments: