Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Home sick

I think I've been fighting it off the past week. I've been sleeping 10-11 hours at night. I went trail running with the dogs this past Saturday. The weather was beautiful. I was feeling great and I knew it would be a great run. The problem with trails are there are always swarms of nats or mosquitoes just hanging out in the most inconvenient locations. Unfortunately, I will say there were a few times I swallowed a bug or two.
The next day I thought great I have West Nile Virus since I was feeling so yucky. Figured I got it from swallowing an infected skeeto. (Okay not really but the thought did cross my mind.) I knew it was a sinus infection and of course it going straight for my lungs. I went to the doctor's office yesterday and got some meds. (Must get better before I leave for Mexico next week!!)
Today I decided to tend to my health and take the day off. (Must get better before I leave for Mexico!!)
This will put me behind for my training but there will be other marathons I can do this year if I can't make up the difference. It's not worth the injuries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey!
Thanks for the bday greeting!
Are you feeling better??
Did you see MD Patel??
He asked me the other day..."Did your husband get laid off?" He had spoken to Derek and Derek told him his crummy news.
I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!!

Kellie said...

I did see Dr Patel. He has a nice new fancy office. We even talked about accent walls. :0)