Wednesday, March 12, 2008

CEO of Pulte and a cookie

Okay, so it's that time of year when the CEO of Pulte Homes Inc. travels to all divisions to meet, brain storm, and answer questions with the employees every year. After he did his presentation as the Central Valley and Bay Area Division meet we break for lunch. Later there are about 20 of us that got invited for a return visit to meet with him for a round table. We were all sitting around a very large table waiting for him. He came in placed a half eaten cookie on the table and said I'll be right back. I looked across the table and two of our sales reps said they'd give me $50 bucks if I took a bite of his cookie. Are you kidding? Done and done! That's a no brainer. I grabbed his cookie and took a bite out of the other side that hadn't been touched and placed it back on his napkin and slid it back to the original position. I looked up and saw my boss look at me like, not the most professional thing to do Kellie. I began to squirm in my chair and ran to the room next door where they had those cookies. I grabbed the last of the chocolate chip and threw his away and placed it where he was sitting seconds before he came back in.


He came and said Wow I leave and get a fresh new cookie, how's that for excellence. And that's all that was said. He had us do a round table of introductions. When it came to me I introduced myself and after the sales rep pipped in and said, she's the one that brought you the new cookie. It's because she took a bit out of yours. He looked over at me, red faced I shrugged my shoulders and said they paid me $50 bucks to do it. He laughed and said, yeah I don't blame you I would have done it too.


I actually only got $20 out of it since I replaced with a new one but still...$20. I'm cool with that!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

now that is AWESOME!