Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Training...

A lot of people ask what kind of training I do for the half or full marathons. I stumbled into this book, Marathoning for Mortals.
I follow the training really close and have noticed an increase in strength and endurance. The half that I did in AZ was a personal record. I was very proud of that and know that it had 90% to do with the training. (The other 10% was the weather.)

Off the topic there's a lot that's been going on the last week. Just to keep everyone up to speed. This past weekend I went up to Folsom and spent the day with my brother-in-law and looked at houses and condos. I feel in love with a condo there. I'm trying to get pre-approved so when we need to attack with an offer we'll be ready. I'm also doing some networking and looking at getting a new job in the Sacramento area because the commute would be unbearable from Folsom to Manteca. Also with the price of gas...it would put me in a poor house.


Next topic...eye exams.
Have you ever come out of a dentist office and just felt worked over? You look at yourself in the mirror and you look so jacked up that it appears you were an extra for Born on the 4th of July. I felt the same way yesterday with my eye exam. Some of the things I was told yesterday during my visit, here look at this...blink more, try not to blink, count how many dots you see, what's the smallest line you can read, which is better 1 or 2, here is 1 and here is 2, 1 again, now 2, here's some drops to dilate your eyes and while we're waiting go look at some frames and pick a pair out that you like. That one was my favorite since first, I don't have my contacts in so there's that. Then second I can hardly stand to keep my eyes open since the sunshine was so bright and my pupils were so big it looked like I just finished hot boxing it. I'm scared to see what frames that I selected really do look like.

To be continued...

No comments: