Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 7 in Cabo

We had definite plans to go snorkeling today. I went for my last run in the sand. (very sad) When I got to the room Megan and Alison we're up and getting their things ready. We needed to wait till 9am to call to confirm for our taxi the next day. Afterwords we took off with snorkels in hand (that we purchased at Walmart in Mexico). We took the city transportation, autobus al Chileno Bay. The water was cold but once we got used to it, no problem. I saw a blow fish, not spiky but it was the highlight of the underwater experience for me.



After we laid in the sun for a few hours then we started getting hungry. We decided to go straight to the hotel's pool order nachos and spend our last day in the sun. To make the following hours short we all got a bit too much sun. We then headed back to the room for our last night in Cabo. We agreed not to talk about it so we didn't get the blues. We went to dinner at an amazing place on the marina called Solomon's. Great fish, fajitas, shrimp and amazing limeade. Mmmmm

After dinner we still had some last minute shopping to do but what you think we were going to enjoy such a perfect day/evening and not get yummy ice-cream. I think not!! We all had the same intention, go out to dinner, shop come back to the hotel change and go dancing one last night. During our time shopping I was in a store paying for a t-shirt. Usually when you pay with American money they give you back the change in pesos. I asked the lady in Spanish (quote of the day) Can I get my change in pain? Dollars and pain are very simular in Spanish and he giggled a bit and I realized what I had said. I quickly corrected myself and left with my tail between my legs. :0)

By the time we got back to the hotel it was around 10pm and faced the reality that we were spent, long day. We packed most of our things. It was a quiet good night.

No comments: