Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random!

Today had a chain of random events that took place. Not saying any were bad but there wasn't a smooth flow that connected each one. Usually you plan and place a certain amount of time aside to do each errand and such. Nope not today. Regular work day but at 1:30 my boss/friend Mike Moore invited me and a co-worker of ours join him at the driving range. Just to blow a little steam and "step away" for a period of time. At first I was a bit apprehensive because the last time the three of us went I couldn't even hit the ball. I was concentrating WAY too much. We went to a different place this time. The weather was beautiful and there were tons of gofers playing dodgeball and running all over the place. I wasn't so much focused on how I was hitting it but where. I will not lie, I wanted to hit a gofer. It was so much fun. (I hit two but only dazed one). We did that for about an 1 1/2 hours then back to life, back to reality...(are you singing the song in your head too?)

I came home, fed the dogs and was excited for a small nap (got to bed late last night). As soon as I snuggled in my bed and got cozy I looked at my clock and read 4:30. BAM! Holy crap I have a doctor's apt at 4:30. I got my A out of bed and safely drove to the doctor's office. Here in Manteca everything is close. This was scheduled for my after Mexico trip. I had two what he calls "skin tags" that needed to be removed. Not cancerous or anything just bothersome so he took both off lickety split! My favorite part was when he put on one of those small circle band-aids he said now it may bleed more later at home but DON'T FREAK OUT! I'm like um yeah it's going to take a lot more to FREAK me out. Then he did the 2nd one and said the exact same thing and I then said to him, I swear I won't FREAK OUT! So funny, he must have had some *hypos call him after something like this, FREAKING OUT, wondering why he made them bleed so bad. Hehehehehe. Hypos make me laugh.

Then I went and got 50 lbs of dog food across the street.

I looked at my tires and someone on Monday told me my back one was low and I saw another one that was low too so I shimmed to Chevron where air is free and dog-gone-it, out of order. No worries, I jumped in my car and drove to the next gas station down the street. Air, out of order. RATS! I got back in and drove to the next one. It cost $.75 but hey I was totally cool with that. As I'm "filling" the first tire I notice movement. I got my gage out and saw that I had lost 5 lbs of air. Opps I thought to myself I must have been day dreaming and don't have it one right. I focused and the tire got worse. My tire was down to 15lbs of air left. CRAP! (I even took a key to the pump and pressed on it and nada) No good. I went inside the store to tell the worker/and or owner. I said, I just wanted you to know your air machine runs but there is no air that comes out. He said here take some tokens and try again. No thanks I can't afford to loose any more air out of my tires. He really wanted me to try again. I said, I honestly don't care about the $.75 but thought you should have it looked at.

I then went to another gas station and yes the air was working and this time it was only $.50. JACKPOT! I filled up the first and second tire. The third one I noticed was really bald. Then the last rear tire was super flat...looking closer I had a dang nail on the side. Knowing I've had one like this before they can't patch it, you have to get a new one. With that in mind I drove straight to and bought 4 new ones. It was time any way and they still had 30 min till close... so I told the guy behind the counter, DO IT. The reason why I went there. Their customer service is amazing. I've gone in there twice in the past. Once concerning mine tire and once with someone else. Neither of us bought our tires there and they fixed both of our tires with no charge or guilt or anything. They just said, happy to do it. So you bet your sweet ass I'm going to return to buy my new tires there! I did just that. Happy to give them my business!

*hypercondriac

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get free beef with your tires?