Monday, March 31, 2008

What a weekend...

This past week has been crazy busy with work. We had a pre-construction orientation for new homeowners and then two days later we had our JD Power/homeowner appreciation party. Now we prepared for 500 since we have over 650 that live here. The evening included booze, food, table and chairs, tents, music and yes a dunk tank. If you live in the Central Valley or close to it you'd know that the weather wasn't kind to us Friday night. It was beautiful during the day but around 4 it started looking ugly. What luck...our party was from 4-7. We had about 250 people show up. Since it was free booze we actually ran out...since it was free food, they got plates and stacked the food up to take extras home with them...once again we were ready for 500. Those that just came for the food left very quickly after they filled their tummies. There were about 20 that stayed to see us get "dunked". Of course there were a few that cheated by using their cane to push the button to make us fall. May I remind you this is hose water people. When it's not 100 degrees out it's effin' COLD. They deserved to get splashed. Especially if this is how I'm spending my Friday night. We didn't get the downpour till about 8:00 and yes people were still dancing and drinking...we actually had to kick them out.
Saturday I ran 7 miles for training.
Sunday after church and a birthday part Brent called and said they had gotten guitar hero so I drove to Folsom and played till midnight. This is Brent his 2nd try...I got home late and I'm paying for it today...would I do it again, you bet your sweet ass I would!!!

1 comment: