Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Last hours in Cabo

This morning I was planning on waking up at 6 and going to watch the sunrise. I did get up at 6 but I was so bummed that we were leaving. I laid in bed listening to the waves crash from our room. It's almost like I didn't want to make it harder to leave. Such a beautiful place...
We grouped our things together and were off for the day of travel.
  1. A 50 minute drive to the airport.
  2. Then we waited there for the next two hours, people watching. Having a contest who could find someone with the worst burn.
  3. While boarding we took our last bit of Mexican sun walking up to our plane. 2 hour flight
  4. We arrived at the Sky Harbor Airport and hung out for another few hours. (going through immigration they thought they may need an interpreter for Megan) hehehe
  5. Good byes to Megan and Alison as they went to gate B for their flight to Salt Lake City and my gate A for Sacramento.
  6. When I boarded my plane there was a woman holding her baby sitting in my assigned seat so I said no biggie where's you're seat at and I'll just sit there. It was also a window seat but the two people next to me equaled about 600 lbs. They were nice and made sure they gave me plenty of room. I thank them VERY much for that. It was a 1 1/2 hour flight. I was starting to get a little antsy. When we had to put our tray tables to the upright and locked position they also have you bring your seat up as well. When they came by they asked the man in my row to pull his seat up and he said (quote of the day) I never pushed it back, honey I didn't I really didn't and now I can't get it to come back up. Poor man!
  7. My parents met me with my Jeep at the airport so I can just shimmy home. It was so nice to see two smiling faces happy of my return since it was so bummed. Thanks guys!
  8. An hour drive back to Manteca!

Sorry folks no pictures today.

Good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey said...

yes yes yes... welcome home you tan son of a ?#!$?!
I am so pumped you blogged your whole trip... I almost felt like I was there enjoying it all with you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Caroline!! Awesome blog for the last day....I have a comment I'd like to make on item #6...I will need you to focus your attention to the end of the item where you talk about the quote for the day.....and my comment is...That's what she said! Ha ha

I have never had a more horrible time adjusting to life after a GREAT vacation. I want a mexican massage!

I think Charlie is calling. The angels need to regroup.

Allison