Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Eve

This morning I got up and went for my 6 mile run. I did some house chores before I went but by the time I got out of the door it was after 10 and it was hot out there. I did very well. I always listen to my music when I run and sometimes I think it's a bad idea. There are about 10 songs that no matter how I feel at that time when one of those specific songs come on it makes me pick up the speed so much it burns my lungs. Almost to the point where I can't breathe. I know, YIKES right? I just keep reminding myself...slow down Kellie, we shouldn't be burning lungs here.


Since I was already smelly and grouse I decided to take the dogs to my job site and let them play for a spell. There's tons of almond orchards they can run in. By our construction trailer there's a ginormous mound of dirt that has been packed down hard you can now drive over it or walk. So I let the dogs out and I was walking up the mound and I'm almost to the other side where I see the dogs stop and to the left of them were two men (I think that were naked since they ducked down when they saw me) in a nook. One side of them was a huge generator, the other was the side of the dirt mound and the other was a huge stack of dead branches that have been piled up. I was curious more than fearful so I stood there and stared at them for about 45 sec before I called the dogs and walked back. So odd. They just stood there too. One had is back to me the whole time and the other tried to have a staring contest with me and if you know me you know...I always win at those! I just shrugged my shoulders and let them carry on what ever they were doing prior to my arrival.


Later I chose to spoil my Jeep with a car wash. This time I went to a do it yourself place rather than pay $30 for it (watching the pennies for that condo!). Man alive did it bring back memories of my childhood. I remember taking the car in with my mom and brother and having a speed wash. Someone would be at the machine to hit pre-soak or foam brush or power wash when needed. The other two of us were stationed on each side of the car to do trade offs. (We did that when we vacuumed the car too). I'll admit I didn't beat the clock. In fact I had to put another dollar in to finish my rinse. Brent could have used you!

I love how impromtu my family is. We're really very laid back! Today we finally talked about what we're doing for Eater and at the last minute we're all meeting at Texas Roadhouse.What a place to have pre-Easter dinner. I'll I'm going to say is YUM YUM!! Dan are you with me?

No comments: